Rockbridge Academy seeks to glorify God in both the character and culture of the school. In a culture in which personal expression is exalted, beauty is held in question, and the good of our neighbor is subordinated to the desires of the individual, we stand as ambassdaors for Christ to each other and to a watching world. Accordingly, the dress code has been established based upon these principles:
- Our attire and grooming should point to the Lord that we serve.
- Our attire and grooming should protray a heart of both modesty and humility.
- Our attire and grooming should reflect respectful conformity to our biological gender.
- Our attire and grooming should not seek to exalt the outward beauty of the individual student but rather seek to invest in and protect each student's virtue and character.
- Our attire and grooming should support the orderly operation of our school.
- Our attire and grooming should willingly conform to the standard, thereby requiring a decreasing level of oversight rather than increased regulation and oversight and the loss of the freedom that we have in Christ.
In summary, we ask that parents and students support a manner of dress and personal grooming that reflects the Christian, classical, and scholarly image of Rockbridge Academy. Students should appear neat, clean, and modest during the school day, seeking not to distract others or solicit oversight by their appearance.