Summer Teacher Training 2022
Rockbridge Academy ACCS Endorsed Summer Teacher Training
ACCS endorsed Summer Teacher Training again this year, Tuesday-Friday, July 19-22
- Classical Christian Education: Recovering Our Narrative
- The Biblical Canon
- The Seven Laws Applied
- The Power of Story
- Beyond STEM: Math and Science in Classical Education
- Every Bush Afire: The Aesthetics Emphasis
- A Parent's Perspective
- How Shall We Then Live? An Economist's View
- Shaping Hearts: Shaping the Heart of Grammar Students and Relational Wisdom for Young Adults
- Shaping Liturgies: The Sights and Sounds of Grammar and Onboarding Dialectic and Rhetoric Students
- Theological Foundations Across the Subjects
- The First Two Weeks of Grammar School
- Applying the Seven Laws: Lesson Planning Like a Champion and Lesson Planning & Homework Philosophy
- Managing Learning Differences
- Communicating with Parents
- Teaching Latin
- Teaching Reading Effectively, Grades K-2
- Teaching Literature in the Secondary
- Parental Partnerships in the Classroom
- The Beauty of the Oral Mid-Term Exam
Reflection and Group Discussions (Wednesday): A 30 minute time of individual reflection followed by 30 minute discussion groups. School groups can reserve classrooms to meet as a faculty and discuss lessons learned so far.
Annapolis Walk-about (Thursday): Travel to Annapolis with your group to enjoy the afternoon seeing the sights of this colonial town by the Bay. Find dinner and enjoy an evening walking around town.
*Some of the plenaries/seminars may be subject to change.
Special registration options:
College students: Are you a college student currently preparing for a career in teaching? Attend Rockbridge Academy's Summer Teacher Training at half price. Registration form.
Current school parents: Did you know that current school parents are invited to attend Rockbridge Academy's Summer Teacher Training for free? All we ask is that you register so we know to be prepared, and also that you pay for your meals. Registration form.
Homeschool Parents: We are pleased to offer homeschool parents the option to attend any of our plenary sessions at no cost. Should you decide you want to attend more sessions, you may register as a regular attendee after the conference begins (or perhaps plan to attend the entire conference next year!) Meals are not offered under this option, but we do ask you to complete a registration form so we will know to expect you. Registration form.