Summer Teacher Training 2023
Rockbridge Academy's ACCS Endorsed Summer Teacher Training
July 18-21, 2023
Location: Rockbridge Academy
680 Evergreen Road
Crownsville, MD 21032
Program distinctives include:
- 43 vision casting plenaries and seminar-style workshops focusing on effective teaching across all grade levels and disciplines.
- Training runs from Tuesday morning until noon on Friday for a full three and a half days of training.
- Lunch is included in the conference fee for Tuesday through Thursday, as is a continental breakfast on Friday.
- Access to Rockbridge Academy faculty and administrative staff. Rockbridge personnel are delighted to share their experience with you. Our staff will be available at lunches, and during Friday morning's Resources, Connections, & Coffee event. You are welcome to request a scheduled time to meet individually with members of the school staff.
- This training is endorsed by the Association of Classical and Christian Schools, and certificates will be distributed at the conclusion of the training.
Come be refreshed, find encouragement, renew your vision, and acquire or improve your skills as classical and Christian educators and administrators.
The deadline for all registrations is July 14th. Registration fees must be completed by 12 pm on July 7th to receive the discount.
Registration fees received by 12:00pm on July 7th: $380 per person (3 or more per school, $350 per person)
Registration fees received after 12:00pm on July 7th: $400 per person (no discount for multiple attendees)
All fees are non-refundable
A block of rooms has been reserved at the Country Inn & Suites in Annapolis at a discounted rate. Rooms fill up quickly. The deadline for the discounted rates has been extended until Thursday, July 29, 2023. Use the code ROCKAC when booking online or call the Country Inn & Suites directly at 410-571-6700 with the discount code
Some of the plenaries and seminars you can expect:
Classical Christian Education—Start with Why
The Seven Laws for Grammar Teaching
The Seven Laws for Dialectic and Rhetoric
Every Bush Afire: Beauty and Fine Arts
Science, Math, and Sayers
Quadrivium in the Trivium: Math and Science
The Mistress Science: Wisdom Calls
Bible and History in the Grammar
Graduates Who Discern and Engage
The Power of Story for the Pre-poly
Why Read Great Books
Family, Church, School: A Cord of Three Strands
The Wonder Years
How Shall We Then Live: An Economist's View
Shaping Hearts: Shaping the Heart of Grammar Students and Relational Wisdom for Young Adults
Shaping Liturgies: The Sights and Sounds of Grammar and Onboarding Dialectic and Rhetoric Students
Theological Foundations Across the Subjects
The First Two Weeks of Grammar School
Managing Learning Differences
Communicating with Parents
Teaching Reading Effectively, Grades K-2
Teaching Literature in the Secondary
Parental Partnerships in the Classroom
Junior and Senior Thesis Process: A Team Effort
*Some of the plenaries/seminars may be subject to change.
A block of rooms has been reserved at The Country Inn & Suites of Annapolis (2600 Housley Road, Annapolis, 21401) Please contact them at: (410) 571-6700 with the discount code: ROCKAC
The special hotel rate will be available through Thursday, June 29.
SPECIAL PRICING: We offer a 50% discount for college students and Rockbridge Academy alumni. Current Rockbridge parents may attend at no cost, but will be asked to pay for meals. Homeschooling parents may attend the plenary sessions at no cost. Please contact Tina Thompson at 410-923-1171 x1010 to learn how to register with special pricing.