Meet our Administrators
Roy Griffith, Headmaster
- BA, Architecture, 1990, University of Maryland School of Architecture, College Park, Maryland
- Master of Architecture, 1994, University of Maryland School of Architecture, College Park, Maryland
Roy came to Rockbridge Academy as its first 5th grade teacher in 1997. In 2012, he transitioned to grammar school principal, and then headmaster in 2015.
Mandy Ball, Interim Upper School Principal
- BM, Flute Performance, 1996, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Mandy came to Rockbridge Academy in 2010 as a grammar school P.E. teacher. Since then, she has served as a music teacher, choir director, and cross country coach. In 2021, she became the interim upper school principal, while continuing to enjoy coaching cross country.
Stefanie Bachmann, Student Resource Coordinator
- BS, Psychology, minor in special education, 1997, LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York
- MA, Psychology, 2000, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Cert. of Advanced Graduate Study in Clinical Counseling, 2007, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Stefanie Bachmann came to Rockbridge Academy in 2011 as a parent of a kindergartner. She was hired in 2017 to coordinate accommodations and testing in the upper school.
Brooke Voelp, Grammar School Principal
- BS, Elementary Education, 1990, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction, 2001, Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
Brooke Voelp was hired in 2005 as a 2nd grade teacher, then switched to teach 1st grade in 2012. In 2016, she became the grammar school vice principal and assisted the grammar school principal with standardized testing, teacher certification, grammar school administration, and many other tasks. In 2021, she became the grammar school principal.
Amy Ramsey, Director of Operations & Finance
- BA, Government, 1987, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- MS, Accounting, 1988, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Amy Ramsey came to Rockbridge Academy as the K-2nd grade music teacher in 2003. In 2004, she transitioned to bookkeeper while still teaching music to grades K-2. As the school has grown, so have her responsibilities, becoming business manager in 2007 and director of finance in 2016.
Julie Marsh, Admissions Director
- BS, Political Science with an emphasis in Chinese Studies, 2000, Utah State University, Logan, Utah
Julie Marsh has been a parent at Rockbridge Academy since her oldest child entered kindergarten in 2006. She came on board as Admissions Director in 2014, after serving Congressman Paul Broun as legislative assistant on Capitol Hill.
Tim Stewart, Athletic Coordinator & Discover Summer Director
- BA, Health & Exercise Science, Messiah College, Grantham, PA
Tim was hired in 2021 and will be working with each of our athletic teams and coaches, scheduling and coordinating all practices and games as well as overseeing our athletic program. Tim will also be planning, supervising, and administering our Discover Summer program. Tim has an accomplished background in wrestling and lacrosse and has worked in fitness training.
Meet our Staff
- B.A. University of Maryland, College Park (1993)
- B.A. The American University, Washington, DC (1992)
- B.A. James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA (2002)
- B.S. Wilmington College
- Master's Bob Jones University
- MEd Bob Jones University
- B.A. UMBC, Baltimore, MD (1989)
- B.S. Towson University (1993)
- B.S. University of Maryland, College Park, MD (2005)
- M.S. Loyola University, Baltimore, MD (2010)
- B.S. University of Maryland, College Park, MD (1997)
- B.A. Westmont University (1989)
- B.A. Cedarville University, Cedarville, OH (1999)