Meet our Administrators
Roy Griffith, Headmaster
- BA, Architecture, 1990, University of Maryland School of Architecture, College Park, Maryland
- Master of Architecture, 1994, University of Maryland School of Architecture, College Park, Maryland
Roy came to Rockbridge Academy as its first 5th grade teacher in 1997. In 2012, he transitioned to grammar school principal, and then headmaster in 2015.
Jerry Keehner, Upper School Principal
- BM, music performance, 1986, Eastman School of Music, Rochester, New York
- MM, music performance, 1988, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kansas
- MAR, 2007, Reformed Theological Seminary, Washington, DC
Jerry Keehner retired from the U.S. Navy in 2011, where he played trumpet in the U.S. Navy Band for 22 years. He was hired to teach Rhetoric at Rockbridge Academy in 2011, moved to teaching Bible in 2015, and transitioned to upper school principal in 2016.
Denise Hollidge, Grammar School Principal
- BS, Education, 1982, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
Denise Hollidge came to Rockbridge Academy in 2001 as a 3rd grade teacher, then transitioned to director of instruction in 2011. In 2015, she became the grammar school principal.
Stefanie Bachmann, Upper School Resource Coordinator
- BS, Psychology, minor in special education, 1997, LeMoyne College, Syracuse, New York
- MA, Psychology, 2000, State University of New York at Buffalo, Buffalo, New York
- Cert. of Advanced Graduate Study in Clinical Counseling, 2007, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD
Stefanie Bachmann came to Rockbridge Academy in 2011 as a parent of a kindergartner. She was hired in 2017 to coordinate accommodations and testing in the upper school.
Brooke Voelp, Grammar School Vice Principal
- BS, Elementary Education, 1990, University of Maryland, College Park, Maryland
- MA, Curriculum and Instruction, 2001, Loyola College, Baltimore, Maryland
Brooke Voelp was hired in 2005 as a 2nd grade teacher, then switched to teach 1st grade in 2012. In 2016, she became the grammar school vice principal and assists the grammar school principal with standardized testing, teacher certification, grammar school administration, and many other tasks.
Amy Ramsey, Director of Finance
- BA, Government, 1987, Dartmouth College, Hanover, New Hampshire
- MS, Accounting, 1988, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts
Amy Ramsey came to Rockbridge Academy as the K-2nd grade music teacher in 2003. In 2004, she transitioned to bookkeeper while still teaching music to grades K-2. As the school has grown, so have her responsibilities, becoming business manager in 2007 and director of finance in 2016.
Joe Palumbo, Athletic Director
- BS, Business Management, University of Maryland University College, Adelphi, Maryland
- MEd, Educational Leadership, Covenant College, Lookout Mountain, Georgia
Joe Palumbo was hired in 2012 as the Athletic Director and oversees all of Rockbridge Academy's athletic teams, as well as the P.E. curriculum.
Julie Marsh, Admissions Director
- BS, Political Science with an emphasis in Chinese Studies, 2000, Utah State University, Logan, Utah
Julie Marsh has been a parent at Rockbridge Academy since her oldest child entered kindergarten in 2006. She came on board as Admissions Director in 2014, after serving Congressman Paul Broun as legislative assistant on Capitol Hill.
Meet our Staff
- B.A. Northwest University, Kirkland, WA (1998)
- Master in Teaching City University, Bellevue Washington (2002)
- B.A. The American University, Washington, DC (1992)
- B.A. The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA (1992)
- Joint Surveillance System Training Tyndall AFB, Florida (1998)
- Joint Tactical Information Distribution Systems Wheeler AAF, Wahiawa, Hawai'i (2003)
- A.A. Cochise College, Sierra Vista, AZ (2013)
- B.S. Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.A. UMBC, Baltimore, MD (1989)
- B.A. University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA (1989)