General Employment Information
Applicants are requested to provide a resume and cover letter (no more than one page front and back) to include:
- Brief introduction of applicant, including current church membership/attendance
- Reason for seeking a position at Rockbridge Academy
- Why the applicant would be a good fit for this position
Unless otherwise noted, submissions may be mailed to Rockbridge Academy, 911 Generals Highway, Millersville, MD 21108 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a Microsoft® Word document or a PDF.
General Qualifications for Employment
Teacher applicants should have a minimum bachelor's degree in the liberal arts, literature, history, mathematics, or science. Applicants must be members in good standing of an evangelical church, organized, good communicators, and possess a love for children, knowledge, and learning.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, 403(b) plan w/employer matching, long & short term disability, and dental reimbursement program.
Description: Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school, located between Baltimore and Annapolis, which seeks to teach students in an academic, Christ-centered environment according to the Trivium. Rockbridge has grown its secondary from one to two class sections per year, and all of the employment positions will be joining an experienced faculty.
Contact: Mr. Roy Griffith, Headmaster, Rockbridge Academy; Telephone: (410) 923-1171; Email: email@example.com.
The following positions are currently available
Upper School Principal
Rockbridge Academy is seeking candidates for upper school principal for the 2020-2021 academic year and beyond. The fall of 2020 marks our 25th year. We are an ACCS-accredited K-12 school of 332 students that seeks to gradually expand our enrollment within recently acquired permanent facilities through mission-appropriate growth. The upper school principal will oversee and equip faculty while furthering student academic development and Christian discipleship.
The new upper school principal at Rockbridge Academy will inherit an established dialectic and rhetoric program that distinguishes the school as an effective educator of young Christian leaders heading into their adult callings. As the upper school moves into expanded facilities in the 2021-2022 school year, the upper school principal will be responsible for implementing strategic enhancement of curricular goals, leading faculty toward teaching excellence while adopting new routines, and furthering a culture that seeks to unify students in Christian community. Regarding specific qualities being sought, the ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in, knowledgeable of, and passionate about classical Christian education.
- Be firm in his or her own faith and Christian walk.
- Have a love for children and the teaching environment, demonstrated by an ever-present ethos of encouragement toward joyful Christlikeness.
- Effectively foster standards of Christ-honoring decorum and discipleship for both faculty and students that embodies and celebrates the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to and skilled in excellent interpersonal communication, organization, and management.
- Exercise ownership over the upper school program while simultaneously collaborating with peer members of the school’s leadership team.
- Be consistently visionary toward school improvement while driven toward practical daily problem-solving.
Rockbridge Extended Day Teachers
Rockbridge Academy is currently looking for teachers to assist with its AM and PM childcare service (Rockbridge Extended Day) for current community families. These are part-time positions that require anywhere from 5-10 hours weekly. Candidates must be in personal alignment with the school's Statement of Faith. All applicants need to be a member in good standing of an evangelical church, as well as be organized, a good communicator, and possess a love for children and learning.