General Employment Information
Applicants are requested to provide a resume and cover letter (no more than one page front and back) to include:
- Brief introduction of applicant, including current church membership/attendance
- Reason for seeking a position at Rockbridge Academy
- Why the applicant would be a good fit for this position
Unless otherwise noted, submissions may be mailed to Rockbridge Academy, 911 Generals Highway, Millersville, MD 21108 or sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, attaching a Microsoft® Word document or a PDF.
Employment at Rockbridge Academy is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age, or disability. Rockbridge Academy is a religious educational ministry, permitted to discriminate on the basis of religion. All prospective and current employees must agree with Rockbridge Academy's mission statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school's statement of faith and the school's declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity.
General Qualifications for Employment
Teacher applicants should have a minimum bachelor's degree in the liberal arts, literature, history, mathematics, or science. Applicants must be members in good standing of an evangelical church, organized, good communicators, and possess a love for children, knowledge, and learning.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: Health insurance, life insurance, 403(b) plan w/employer matching, long & short term disability, and dental reimbursement program.
Description: Rockbridge Academy is a classical Christian school, located between Baltimore and Annapolis, which seeks to teach students in an academic, Christ-centered environment according to the Trivium. Rockbridge has grown its secondary from one to two class sections per year, and all of the employment positions will be joining an experienced faculty.
Contact: Mr. Roy Griffith, headmaster, Rockbridge Academy; Telephone: (410) 923-1171; Email: email@example.com.
The following positions are currently available
Upper School Principal
Rockbridge Academy is seeking candidates for upper school principal for the 2020-2021 academic year and beyond. The fall of 2020 marks our 25th year. We are an ACCS-accredited K-12 school of 332 students that seeks to gradually expand our enrollment within recently acquired permanent facilities through mission-appropriate growth. The upper school principal will oversee and equip faculty while furthering student academic development and Christian discipleship.
The new upper school principal at Rockbridge Academy will inherit an established dialectic and rhetoric program that distinguishes the school as an effective educator of young Christian leaders heading into their adult callings. As the upper school moves into expanded facilities in the 2021-2022 school year, the upper school principal will be responsible for implementing strategic enhancement of curricular goals, leading faculty toward teaching excellence while adopting new routines, and furthering a culture that seeks to unify students in Christian community. Regarding specific qualities being sought, the ideal candidate will:
- Be experienced in, knowledgeable of, and passionate about classical Christian education.
- Be firm in his or her own faith and Christian walk.
- Have a love for children and the teaching environment, demonstrated by an ever-present ethos of encouragement toward joyful Christlikeness.
- Effectively foster standards of Christ-honoring decorum and discipleship for both faculty and students that embodies and celebrates the gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Be committed to and skilled in excellent interpersonal communication, organization, and management.
- Exercise ownership over the upper school program while simultaneously collaborating with peer members of the school’s leadership team.
- Be consistently visionary toward school improvement while driven toward practical daily problem-solving.
Upper School History Teacher
Rockbridge Academy is seeking candidates for a full-time upper school history teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year. The ideal history teacher will possess a love for learning, a love for God's word, a love for children, and a love and knowledge of European history and U.S. history. He or she will be organized and a clear communicator. A bachelor’s degree in history is the preferred educational requirement for this position. Prior teaching experience or work in the humanities or a related subject is highly desired. Experience coaching debate, soccer, basketball, lacrosse, baseball, swimming, or having a musical background is a plus.
Upper School Art Teacher
Rockbridge Academy is seeking candidates for a half-time upper school art teacher for the 2020-2021 academic year. The ideal art teacher will possess a love for learning, a love for God's word, a love for children, and a love and knowledge of art, particularly drawing and painting, as well as art history. He or she will be organized, a clear communicator, and demonstrate skill in drawing and painting. A bachelor’s degree in art is the preferred educational requirement for this position, though an ability to be an apologist for biblical standards of beauty in the fine arts is an equally high priority. Prior teaching experience or work in the field of drawing and painting or a related subject is highly desired.
Rockbridge Extended Day Teachers
Rockbridge Academy is currently looking for teachers to assist with its AM and PM childcare service (Rockbridge Extended Day) for current community families. These are part-time positions that require anywhere from 5-10 hours weekly. Candidates must be in personal alignment with the school's Statement of Faith. All applicants need to be a member in good standing of an evangelical church, as well as be organized, a good communicator, and possess a love for children and learning.
Accounting and Student Information System (SIS) Manager
The accounting and SIS manager is responsible for day-to-day accounting management and managing the FACTS SIS Database and administering student records. Specific accounting duties include supervising the bookkeeper's performance of routine accounting tasks, managing accounting and reporting of donations, overseeing payroll, managing employee benefit enrollments, and assisting the director of operations and finance with financial reporting, special projects, and strategic analysis. Specific FACTS SIS Database duties include preparing the database for the new school year, tracking enrollment, managing staff access, and troubleshooting. Specific student file administration duties include managing paper files and immunization records and producing emergency forms. This position is full-time, year-round and reports to the director of operations and finance. Qualified candidates will:
- Have 3-5 years of accounting managerial experience;
- Understand accounting principles, standards, laws, and regulations;
- Be proficient with Quickbooks and Microsoft Office and relevant database management experience;
- Be detail-oriented with strong problem solving skills; and
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as a desire to serve.
Facility Maintenance Technician
The facility maintenance technician is responsible for regular facility maintenance and repairs and is charged with keeping the building in good repair. This position provides logistical support for daily activities and special events (set up and take down tables and chairs, relocating materials, organizing storage, parking lot attendant, opening and closing) and will involve periodic evening and weekend assignments. Limited janitorial assistance including spills, trash removal, and some landscaping work are expected. The facility maintenance technician will assist the athletics department with logistics such as lining fields and keeping the gym floor clean. This position is full-time, year-round and reports to the facilities manager. A qualified applicant will:
- Have 2-5 years of previous work experience with some of those years in facility maintenance;
- Demonstrate technical knowledge of basic repair and maintenance of commercial buildings, related equipment and systems including some electrical, plumbing, mechanical systems, door operators, furniture systems, painting and building materials;
- Demonstrate ability to complete assignments and tasks accurately and on time;
- Demonstrate effective organization and be able to plan and prioritize work activities efficiently;
- Have knowledge of various chemicals and materials used in facility maintenance, including, but not limited to, cleaners, lubricants, sealers, paints, patching compounds, paving and construction material;
- Have knowledge of safety and security practices, procedures, and regulations concerning the proper use of equipment and materials, including knowledge of OSHA requirements;
- Display effective interpersonal and customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively and positively with staff, students, and parents; and
- Display adaptability in a frequently changing work environment, effectively managing competing deadlines and demands.